Currently our taxis are cash only but we understand that many people would prefer to pay with a credit card. Open accounts are an option for individuals or groups to take taxis on Catalina Island with ease and efficiency. Upon application approval, this service enables you to charge taxi fares to your account and pay with a credit card after the account is closed.
What we need:
- A copy of our Credit Card Authorization Form (below) filled out and signed by the cardholder.
- The dates you would like the account open for
- A password for the account
- Any details regarding specific times and locations requiring multiple taxis
- Applications to set up open-accounts for the weekend must be received no later than 5:00pm PST the Friday before.
How it Works:
Once we have all the documents and information needed to set up the account, you will be able to use the account upon arrival to the island. The password is what you will give the driver instead of payment so that our dispatcher can track the charges. Without the password the driver will charge cash for the taxi. When the account is closed, a representative in the Main Office will tally the charges for the account and charge the credit card on file. A copy of the receipt and breakdown of the charges will then be emailed to you. For more information about how the open account works, please contact our Main Office at (310)510-0342.